Lifestyle Lifts | 2014
that relationship, that connection, with Him through His son Jesus Christ. Were it not for His mercy, we’d all be doomed.
This brings me to reflect on 2013. Many start contemplating their new year’s resolutions to lose weight, break up with their dead beat boyfriends, etc. At this point in my life, I feel way beyond all that. Instead of trying to change myself, I want to grow myself. I don’t want to put an end to all that’s wrong in my life. I want to transform. I don’t want to forget all that’s wrong in my life. All of it has made me who I am today, and that’s not something I’m ashamed of.
I made a list of important lifestyle lifts, which I want on paper, so I can go back to it in a couple of months and document my progress. You guys should try the same:
- Become one with Christ
- If I were to just stick to number 1 on my list, there would be no need for the rest of the list. However, we all fall short of the grace of God. Therefore, progressing in numbers 2 through 6 will encourage me daily to continue in my walk with Christ. I don’t want to live for God. Humans are incapable of living for God. I want God to live through me. Fine line. Huge difference.
2. Only one judge
- There is only One. Therefore, what others think of me and what I think of others is completely irrelevant. God loves all. God is love. What you wear and what you drive makes no difference to Him. I know I’m about to step on some toes here, but Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez will be judged the exact same way the homeless guy down the street will by the same God. Everyone hosts a soul that cannot be seen through concrete materialism. Stop fixating on what society wants you to be and start focusing on what you need to be. Even though my beliefs coincide with the Christian religion, I don’t define myself by it. I have a relationship with Christ, and that cannot be labeled by any religion. It is a relationship, and that’s that. There are many radical Christians who are just as bad, if not worse, than others which is sad, considering people who don’t know God don’t know any better. Christians, on the other hand, do. Don’t judge, just love.
- Communication is key. It’s key not only to relationships and family, it’s key to life. Without communication, you have nothing. How can we build trust without communication? How can we reach accomplishment without communication? I don’t want to change the way I communicate with others, I just want to grow on it. That may be easier said than done, considering I’m a total introvert and all, but my goal is progress not change. Therefore, starting with something is better than nothing.
4. Work to live, not live to work
- At times, work can get a bit overwhelming. Sometimes pursuing a life of success, success defined by society, can consume your thoughts and become you. Just because society tells you success is defined by wealth and status, does not make it true. Don’t be confined by the expectations society has for your life. Renew your soul and heart through Jesus Christ. Love the life you live by living the life you love.
5. Healthy Living
- This is not your typical new year’s resolution where people aspire to lose physical dead weight. I also want to lose all my spiritual dead weight. Yes, of course maintaining a physical healthy lifestyle is important. Being physically healthy coincides with being spiritually healthy. So, get rid of all the dead weight, both physically and spiritually. Live life to the fullest, and roar like a lion.